Guess I need to put this at the top!

Because some of us are listing books that we've never read before and don't really know what they are about but heard it through a grape vine that they were good, and someone on this club may have already read the book and found it very inappropriate, or have other opinions about it; this is going to be the new set RULE!
I'm going to do a rating system and I hope it works. If you have already read one of the books listed then you are welcome to make a COMMENT (not a post) about the book.

This is how I would like the comments to look....
"I have read (book name) and this is my rating for it...(ratng)"
That's ALL!!!

Rating system:
EP: Extremely Poor
P: Poor
O: Okay
G: Good
EG: Extremely Good
E: Excellent

Now if the rating is above okay, then at the end of the month that the book is in you may write a post or comment about the book and what you thought of it. Please keep thoughts of the book for the months that they have been chosen for!!! If there is something seriously wrong with a book that someone has suggested then PLEASE EMAIL me with that problem and I will contact that person and let them know.
I really hope this works out and that you guys can agree with what I'm doing.
Thank you!
Mele
October:
1st book: Mrs. Mike by Benedict Freedman & Nancy Freedman
2nd book: A Mothers Influence by Margaret D. Nadauld
3rd book: The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester.
I've only read Mrs. Mike but that was a very long time ago.

November:
1st book: Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton
2nd book: The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
3rd book: Out of Africa by Karen Von Blixen-Finecke

January:
1st book: The Secret Journal of Brett Colton by Kay Lynn Mangum
2nd book: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
3rd book: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

February:
1st book: Beloved Emma:The Illistrated Life Story of Emma Smith by Lorie E. Woodland
2nd book: The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
3rd book: The White Queen by Philippa Gregory

March:
1st book: The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Mon Kidd
2nd book: The Help by Kathryn Stockett

April: (Katy gave me a discription of each of the books as well, but I couldn't fit it on here, so I created a post called Katy's Book. You're welcome to look at it.)
1st book: Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale
2nd book: The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
3rd book: Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George

May:
1st book: "Peace Like a River" by Leif Enger
2nd book: "The Undaunted" by Gerald F. Lund
3rd book: "A Fire in the Bones: William Tyndale, Martyr, Father of the English Bible", by Michael S. Wilcox


Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Books...

Yes...one of the main reasons why I wanted to start this blog is because I wanted to be introduced to new kinds of books. Everyone is encouraged to recommend any type of book she or he likes. We may find that there is a type of book that we didn't know we liked. :) That is why I want other Authors on here and others suggestions.

All right I have kind of an idea of how I want this blog to work.

1. We are going to plan the books six months in advance. That gives us time to try and get a hold of a copy of the books.

2. You can choose either books or Authors but keep it to three books to choose from.

3. If the book is a series than please note so....then we will continue series if you desire but still do a different book for that month as well.

4. At the top of the blog will be the list of books for each month. So everyone that I assign please give me suggestions of three books that you would like for your month so I can post it. (you may email them or leave them as a comment) If I do not have you as suggesting a book right now, don't worry! I will get to you. There are more than I thought who would want to do this, so to make this fair I'm going to assign you in the order of who came first, second, and so on.

5. Please no complaining and remember to just have fun with this.



I'm really excited for this!!!!! Let's get started!!!!



October: Mele

November: Mindy

December: Heather W.

January: Sam

February: Sarah

March: Katy

April: Ashley

May: Marlene

This is all who are Authors right now. I know six months is only to March, but I figured since we only had two more people, I'd go ahead and write those as well. :)

Thanks Everyone!!!

4 comments:

Sarah Nelson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

so are we trying to read all three in the month or just picking one?

Sarah Nelson said...

Just picking one... but you can read all three if you want to!

Unknown said...

January:
1. Beloved Emma:The Illistrated Life Story of Emma Smith By Lori E. Woodland (sister Woodland lives in Rexburg and use to be a teacher but now is a temple worker...for whoever wants to know)

2. The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown (not really a seires but the third book using the same main character first two books were Angels and Demons and The Da Vinci Code, but not need to read just thought should know)

3. The White Queen by Philippa Gregory (i've never read her before so i dont know about appropriateness but she wrote the other bolyn girl. this is the first book in her newest seires)