Guess I need to put this at the top!

Because some of us are listing books that we've never read before and don't really know what they are about but heard it through a grape vine that they were good, and someone on this club may have already read the book and found it very inappropriate, or have other opinions about it; this is going to be the new set RULE!
I'm going to do a rating system and I hope it works. If you have already read one of the books listed then you are welcome to make a COMMENT (not a post) about the book.

This is how I would like the comments to look....
"I have read (book name) and this is my rating for it...(ratng)"
That's ALL!!!

Rating system:
EP: Extremely Poor
P: Poor
O: Okay
G: Good
EG: Extremely Good
E: Excellent

Now if the rating is above okay, then at the end of the month that the book is in you may write a post or comment about the book and what you thought of it. Please keep thoughts of the book for the months that they have been chosen for!!! If there is something seriously wrong with a book that someone has suggested then PLEASE EMAIL me with that problem and I will contact that person and let them know.
I really hope this works out and that you guys can agree with what I'm doing.
Thank you!
Mele
October:
1st book: Mrs. Mike by Benedict Freedman & Nancy Freedman
2nd book: A Mothers Influence by Margaret D. Nadauld
3rd book: The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester.
I've only read Mrs. Mike but that was a very long time ago.

November:
1st book: Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton
2nd book: The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
3rd book: Out of Africa by Karen Von Blixen-Finecke

January:
1st book: The Secret Journal of Brett Colton by Kay Lynn Mangum
2nd book: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
3rd book: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

February:
1st book: Beloved Emma:The Illistrated Life Story of Emma Smith by Lorie E. Woodland
2nd book: The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
3rd book: The White Queen by Philippa Gregory

March:
1st book: The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Mon Kidd
2nd book: The Help by Kathryn Stockett

April: (Katy gave me a discription of each of the books as well, but I couldn't fit it on here, so I created a post called Katy's Book. You're welcome to look at it.)
1st book: Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale
2nd book: The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
3rd book: Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George

May:
1st book: "Peace Like a River" by Leif Enger
2nd book: "The Undaunted" by Gerald F. Lund
3rd book: "A Fire in the Bones: William Tyndale, Martyr, Father of the English Bible", by Michael S. Wilcox


Monday, January 4, 2010

Change!

Because December was so full of holidays and it was probably crazy for everyone I've moved the months forward one. So December's will now be January's and January's will be February's and Etc. I hope that is okay with everyone. I just don't think many people were able to read the books they wanted in December, I know I didn't. :)
Well I hope you all had a great Holiday and hopefully we can get this club back on the road again. :)

4 comments:

Cheney's said...

I hope everyone is okay with this change! Let me know if you have any other suggestions as well.
PS and I hope you are all still enjoying this like I am. :)

Craner Family said...

Great Idea...I'm up for it!

Heather and Josh Wickern said...

Yay! Thanks! I hated being behind but now I'm ahead because I wanted to be... just started "The Help" and now I'm two months early! Oh well! Thanks, Mele!

Marlene Miyasaki said...

I'm excited to read the Secret Journal.... Our library actually has this book! They'll get it to me tomorrow or next week and then I can quickly read it before February??? How are we supposed to comment on these books? mm